Spring Salad with Maple and Lime Vinaigrette

I love this salad. Although, my guy doesn't like in a salad. It has everything in it that he doesn't like.... kale, citrus and nuts….more for me! In the picture, I did add some cucumbers and peppers just to pretty it up. When I make it I only have it with chopped kale or mixed greens, maple and lime vinaigrette and lots of roasted almond slices. The vinaigrette recipe came from 86 Lemons. I renamed it, changed the ingredient amounts and I used maple syrup instead of agave. I did make the recipe California chipotle chop that goes with this dressing and it was good.


 Once you have the ingredients below just mix and enjoy!

kale, chopped or mixed greens or a combination
sliced natural almonds sliced, roasted (the kind with the skins still on)
maple and lime vinaigrette (recipe below)

 
Sliced Natural Almonds Roasted

You can roast the almonds in the oven but I prefer pan fry. Put them in a frying pan on low to medium. Stir often, making sure they don’t burn.

 
Citrus Vinaigrette

1/4 cup lime juice
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 Tbsp maple syrup


Put all ingredients into a dressing bottle and shake well before using.