Chive Vinaigrette

The timing could not have been better when I found this recipe in an old edition of a Canadian Living magazine. I had tons of fresh chives in my herb garden but I never had any ideas on what to use them in. What I love about this vinaigrette is that it has a subtle flavor allowing the flavors your fresh from the garden veggies to come through.

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped chives or green onions*
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
1/4 to 1/2 tsp thyme

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. I make mine the day before I plan to have it because I think it tastes even better the longer you let the flavors mix together.

* I prefer to use chives instead of green onions because they don't have as strong a flavor as green onions.