July 15, 2010

My 2 Favorite Recipes For My Garden Fresh Tomatoes...


 
Hummus Quesadillas

 
Rachael Ray calls this recipe Cheeseless Quesadillas I like to call them Hummus Quesadillas. Regardless of what they should be called I've be addicted to them ever since I tried them. I used to have kidney beans mixed with Diana's Spicy Southwest Chipole Marinade and toast for breakfast but that's been moved to lunch time now and this dish is what I have every morning. It's so refreshing. The only thing I do different from her recipe is I don't add the roasted peppers. 
At the time I took this picture I hadn't found a good recipe for making my own soft tortillas so I was using Chipotle Corn Tostadas for my Hummus Quesadillas (that's what was used in the picture)

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/cheeseless-quesadillas

Pico de Gallo

 
I hear you either love cilantro or you hate it and there is no in between. The first time I had it was in a salsa I had in while on holidays in the Dominican Republic. I fell in love with it! Give it a try. Fresh cilantro is very cheap and it's available in the produce section in most supermarkets.

0 comments:

Post a Comment