Black Bean Avocado Enchiladas

Not only are these delicious and healthy for you but there also very versatile. I make sure I have left overs so I can have them for breakfast the next day. They also taste great cold so you can enjoy them for lunch. Great for serving at picnics too! Makes 6


2 (19 oz) cans of black beans, drained
1 medium red onion, chopped (1 1/4 cup)
2 tsp garlic powder
2 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
6 gluten free tortillas*
2 firm avocado, thinly sliced
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
4 Tbsp Diana's Southwestern Chipotle Marinade
 

In a small skillet, sauté onions until translucent. Add garlic, cumin and salt. Stir spiced onions and lime into beans. Mash beans with a potato masher or blend in a food processor.

To assemble enchiladas, place tortillas on a flat surface. Spread 1/2 cup of black beans down the center and few strips of avocado on top. Roll tortillas around bean mixture.

Preheat oven to 375F. Mix the southwestern sauce in bowl with the crushed tomatoes. Spread 1 cup of it on the bottom of a well oiled 9 X 13 baking pan. Place enchiladas in pan, side by side and cover with a 1/2 cup of the southwestern sauce. Cover pain with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Cover with more sauce before serving.

Once out of the oven put more sauce on top and serve. What I like to do is pan fry it after I take it from the oven. Then cover it with sauce and serve. Makes 6

 
* My favorite recipe for homemade gluten free soft tortillas:
 
 
I use oat flour instead of soy flour for my tortillas.